In times long abandoned, the Goddess of Dawn split her being in twine. She feared her strength after nearly flooding the planet to prevent war between her creations.
Out of that split came a Goddess of Chaos, the manifestation of shed emotions, and a Goddess of Order, who believed life could only be perfect if chaos was destroyed.
But her followers advised she instead seal chaos away in a medallion.
When a new war breaks out years later, Yune takes shape as a small bird and befriends a persecuted girl, helping her lead the crusade for peace so they can prevent the Goddess of Order from passing judgement on all living beings.
Yune — Chaos Goddess
- Chaos Manifest (Might = 14, Range = 2)
- Grants Resistance +3. If a penalty inflicted by a skill like Panic or Threaten and/or a negative status effect (preventing counterattacks or restricting movement) is active on foe, grants Attack +6 during combat and unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack.
- Glacies (Cooldown = 4)
- Boosts damage by 80 percent of unit’s Resistance.
- Attack/Resistance Bond (A Skill)
- If unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Attack and Resistance +5 during combat.
- Sabotage Resistance (B Skill)
- At start of the turn, if any foe’s Resistance ≤ unit’s Resistance -3 and that foe is adjacent to another, inflicts Resistance -7 on that foe through its next action.
- Chaos Named (C Skill)
- At start of the turn, if foes within three columns have Resistance ≤ unit’s Resistance -3, inflicts -5 on their highest stat through their next actions (When calculating, treat Attack -15. Calculates each stat penalty independently).
Told you guys I would try to do lore for Mythic Heroes.
I’ve never played Radiant Dawn, so everything here is based on cursory research. Hopefully I did the story justice!
I have a bit more of a connection with the chaotic entities related to Black Luster Soldier from Yu-Gi-Oh!. However, Yune has an interesting backstory — and is a cute character.
Her skills also feel properly ‘chaotic’ in their design to drop a variety of stats based on her superior Resistance.
Yet I’m not sure I’ll be putting a whole lot of resources into summoning our first Dark Mythic Hero. Flying green tome is a unit type I could use (only having the outdated Spring Camilla), but not enough that I’m looking to blow my orb stash.
Especially considering her entourage:
- Ryoma — Supreme Samurai
- Myrrh — Spooky Monster
- Celica — Warrior Priestess
- Lucina — Glorious Archer
- Azura — Vallite Songstress
- Ophelia — Dramatic Heroine
- Kagero — Beverage Ninja
- Lewyn — Guiding Breeze
- Eir — Merciful Death
- Mia — Moonlit Witch
- Lyn — Brave Lady
I have all of these units outside of Lewyn and Mia.
Or… I did before summoning on the banner.
Now I’m only missing Yune and Mia.
Considering I only spent about 20 orbs to get this guy, I’ll probably lay back and let Yune pass. I’m not sure she alone is worth risking the waste of orbs.
Especially considering green stones were a rarity in my few summon attempts.
If nothing else, I got to see this sweet bit of pretentious Goddess dialogue in her Legendary Battle Map introduction:
So I’ve got that going for me.
Gotta love these Legendary/Mythic Hero banners. Easy to write and quick to set before I go to bed.
Though this one is underwhelming enough that I may also wrote a piece about my interview for Gladeo later — considering I’m conducting it around the time this is automatically set to post.
But if I don’t, I’ll see you all tomorrow!
In the meantime, let me know what you think of Yune. I don’t have much experience with her, but I do think she’s a cute little thing.