Game Rant is an online publication dedicated to reporting news and features about video games and the gaming industry.
In December 2019 I was hired onto the site as a freelance News Writer, but starting in March 2020 I expanded my reach into the Features section as well. There I wrote longer-form articles more independent, informative, or opinionated as original content for the site.
In April 2020 I was hired on as a full-time Staff Writer at Game Rant, and in June 2020 I published my first full-scale video game review for the site.
Interview with Jagex – Lead Designer David Osborne, Senior Games Designer Tim Fletcher, Lead Content Developer James Crowther:
- RuneScape Interview: Devs Talk Desperate Measures Update, Working From Home
- RuneScape Devs Talk Creating Desperate Measures for Fans During Quarantine
- RuneScape Devs Discuss Expanding Lore in Desperate Measures Update
Game Preview: Skully
Interview with Finish Line Games Lead Designer Jason Canam:
- Skully Interview: Dev Talks Theming, Inspirations, and Working From Home
- Skully Dev Discusses Creating a Unified Game Design
- Skully Dev Talks Inspirations and Speedrunning
Game Preview: Among Trees (Early Access)
Game Review: Command and Conquer Remastered Collection
Interview with Petroglyph Games Audio Director Frank Klepacki:
- Command and Conquer Remastered Interview: Composer Talks Technology, Community, and More
- Command and Conquer Composer Talks Fan Contributions to Remastered Soundtrack
- Command and Conquer Composer Talks Evolving Digital Music Technology
Interview with Behaviour Interactive – Game Director Mathieu Cote, Creative Director Dave Richard, Head of Public Relations Marie Claude Bernard:
- What’s Next for Dead by Daylight Killers?
- Dead By Daylight: Passing Judgment on Survivors as Pyramid Head
- Dead By Daylight Adding New Silent Hill Content
Interview with Robot Entertainment Design Director Jerome K. Jones:
- Orcs Must Die! 3 Interview: Dev Talks Story, Stadia, and More
- Orcs Must Die! 3 Dev Talks Stadia Exclusivity
- Orcs Must Die! 3 Dev Reveals New War Scenario Details and War Machines